Having a hard time getting yourself to your regular workouts?
Finding more and more reasons to cheat on your healthy diet?
Trust me- you’re not alone…
A healthy dose of motivation coupled with determination will get you almost anything in life. So how do you know if you’re genuinely motivated.
- Motivation will tell you to get out of bed for an early workout.
- Motivation will nag you to put down the doughnut.
- Motivation makes passing on fries a reflex.
- Motivation makes a sweat-drenched workout exciting.
- Motivation constantly reminds you why you do what you do.
So, today I’d like to share with you 4 Self-Motivating Mind Tricks that you need to lock onto your goals…
1️⃣ Pinpoint Your Motivator.
Motivation stems from having a goal. What is your goal? Why do you want to loose weight, get stronger or be fitter?
Once you uncover your personal motivator you’ll find that motivation flows quickly your way.
Can you do me a favour?
Take a minute to really uncover the reason that you want to achieve your goal… i.e. lose weight – Don’t say something vague like you want to ‘Be thinner’ or ‘Look more attractive.’
Dig deeper – there is a very specific motivator in your life, you simply need to uncover it.
Here are some possible motivators…
- I want to have more energy to keep up with the kids.
- I want to improve my health through weight loss to extend and improve my life.
- I want to lose 5kgs before my holiday.
- I want to restore my confidence to wear sleeveless shirts.
- I want to regain my figure to impress and attract my significant other.
2️⃣ Make It Official
When you write something down it suddenly feels official, doesn’t it? Write down your motivator for getting into great shape, and post it where you will see it often—next to your alarm clock, on the bathroom mirror, or in your car.
Each time you see your written motivator take a moment to visualize yourself accomplishing your goal. Try to make the scene as clear in your mind as possible. This is a powerful tool for maintaining your focus and direction.
3️⃣ Be Practical
It’s game plan time. You know what you want, and now you need to map out exactly how you’ll achieve it. It is important to be practical in your planning, rather than throwing out ideas that you know you won’t stick with
With any weight loss or muscle gain goal it is important to;
- Maintain a healthy low-calorie diet, and
- Participate in a consistent and challenging exercise program.
Plan a routine that will fit into your schedule and you’ll be more likely to stick with it. Also, choose an exercise program that you enjoy —don’t force yourself to jog every day if you hate jogging.
4️⃣ Call For Backup.
Enlist the support of your friends, family, co-workers & coach. Tell everyone about your goal to lose weight and get fit, you’ll be surprised how supportive most people will be. By being open about your goals you’ll likely be an encouragement to others to make healthy changes in their own lives.
The most effective way to ensure that you meet your goal is to enlist a support crew
If your finding your motivation is lacking a bit, take some time to thinking to reset your goals-
Identify WHAT really motivates you?
Design a PLAN that fits into your schedule and into your life.
And lastly- see it through until your goal is met.